Tomorrow morning at 8:15am I embark on the next chapter of the Adventures of Sowa: Mission Wolf.
For the next week, along with 15 other ASB friends, I will be living at a Wolf Conservation and taking care of wolves that have been domesticated and can therefore never return to the wild. Yeah you read that right. Never.
I used to think it might be cool to have a wolf as a pet but after this last quarter of class and learning more about this service trip, I realized how selfish and terrible that is. These animals are not meant to be tamed. Once they have been, hey can never survive in nature the way they're meant to be. Humans have no right to permanently take another living thing out of its home like that just because we think it might be cool.
Anyway, I have a really good feeling about this trip. The people I'm going with are great and I doubt I'lll get another chance to do something like this for a long time if ever. I'll update after the trip on March 31st or April 1st to describe how it went!
Until then,
Me
Have a wonderful time! You are living my dream!!!
ReplyDelete