Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Czech List Part 1

I'm actually almost there! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

For something that originally went TERRIBLY, I'm glad I'm almost in the Czech Republic.

So originally here's what happened:
I was supposed to leave from BWI on Monday in the afternoon but after a 3 hour delay, my flight was cancelled. Thusly, I missed all of my connecting flights and original time of arrival (I was supposed to be in Pilsen by now!)

Luckily, American Airlines was able to reschedule me for the next day (yesterday) to fly out of BWI again. It was a bit stressful because that flight was also delayed by 2 hours. In fact, we boarded the plane, waited on the runway for about an hour, then had to get off again. Thankfully, I had a 5 hour buffer and still made my connecting flight to London.

And so here I am! Only 1 flight away from perhaps what is to be my most memorable summer yet. It was funny. Flying here, I kept on peaking out the window to what at first was "only" a sea of clouds. But then it hit me. I'm looking at a SEA OF CLOUDS. I'm thousands of feet over where I normally am and these clouds are taking me to a whole new place. A new country and a new continent! As our plane ran away from the sun, the reflecting beams off of the clouds created what looked like sunset on lake Michigan. Even after dark, the clouds were still glowing. When we finally descended into London, I saw scenes that I only recognize from TV and movie clips. But this is real. This is MY life!!

Everything's finally falling into place. From what I've been hearing from others in the Czech Republic or people who have done AIESEC before, this will be an amazing experience as long as I stay open and keep my eyes open. Pray for me. Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment